Thursday, July 15, 2010

His name is Basel, not Basil. He's a puppy not an herb...

Right now I'm spending an idyllic week in Connecticut with my new puppy Basel! He's a mini dachshund and just turned 10 weeks old on Tuesday. He weighed 3 whole pounds last week at the vet, and is just the cutest little thing imaginable. I absolutely adore him, and am so glad I decided to get him this summer when I'll have time at home.


















As you can see from the photos he's chocolate and tan, and he's a long haired dachshund so he's super soft and fuzzy and will hopefully have silky hair that will be nice for cuddling with! (But he also has smooth hair ancestry so he shouldn't have fur that is too super long, dragging on the ground and such.)


















Yesterday we went for a walk, and he met his second cat. This one was about 4 times his size! And, because this cat lives in a house that also breeds dachshunds, she recognized a similar puppy and came trotting right over to say hi. Basel was not a fan, he seemed pretty freaked out! Then again I would too if this animal ran at me and was 4 times my size!
























I'm sure I'll have lots of photos to post over the next many months, so I just wanted to introduce you all early on to the bundle of joy sleeping on the couch next to me right now.

Cheers! Allison

1 comment: