Saturday, July 17, 2010

Capture a Piece of Your Wedding Forever

I'm going to start out right up front by saying that I have never been married. However, I was the maid-of-honor in my college roommate's wedding, so I do have some first hand knowledge of the topic. And here's one cardinal rule I learned.

Everyone wants their wedding to be special, and no one wants to let go.

I wasn't even the bride but I carefully hung my bouquet to dry, and made a whole fancy shadow box featuring the invitation, the little guest gifts, and a piece of the dried flowers I'd saved. But, except in this somewhat useless shadow box, I was suddenly left with this beautiful bouquet of dried hydrangeas, that I really didn't need.

If only I had started my business back then I would have had a great idea for what to do with those flowers. What about making them into a wonderful and totally functional set of coasters!! Now I'm still learning the art of pressing flowers, but so far I've been able to make some pretty great floral coasters.

In fact, one of my favorite sets of coasters happens to be these, made out of blue and purple hydrangeas, the exact flower featured in my roommate's wedding! They just had their fifth anniversary, and I think the next time I see her I may give her a set of these coasters, just to bring back all those memories.

So if you are a bride, and you think that one of my floral sets of coasters matches your wedding flowers nicely, consider using them as bridesmaids gifts. Or, contact me and together we can work on using the actual flowers from your bouquet to make some very special, priceless, and of course functional keepsakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment